Tetra Tech is seeking an experienced Environmental Sustainability Advisor to support the implementation of the USAID-administered Water Energy for Food Asia South and Southeast Asia Regional Innovation Hub (WE4F-Asia-RIH) through July 2024. See https://we4f.org/asia.
• Lead implementation of the RIH’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy, including support for the entire implementation team on integration of environmental sustainability, biodiversity, efficient natural resource use and climate resiliency in all RIH interventions in support of innovators and other activities
• Advise on the screening and selection of innovators as potential grantees based on considerations of environmental sustainability
• Prepare all environmental compliance document associated with the issuance of innovation grants including but not limited to Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) and Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) per USAID’s regulation 216.
• Provide on-demand technical assistance to innovators in assessing the benefits and impacts of nexus technologies on environment, biodiversity, natural resources and climate resiliency, complying with local environmental requirements and ensuring adherence to project-level environmental compliance requirements.
• Advise innovators on topics related to environmental sustainability, biodiversity, efficient natural resource use, and climate resiliency, and support the development and implementation of innovator acceleration work plans
• Engage and share learnings and relevant resources and develop internal guidance for the implementing team on environmental sustainability-related issues on an ongoing basis
• Create and update knowledge management products on innovators’ experiences with environmental sustainability topics
• Review and support implementation of innovator acceleration work plans, especially environmental sustainability topic-centric market segment research
• Support the collection of performance indicator data and provide inputs for the preparation of communication pieces and progress reporting
• A graduate degree in environmental science, natural resources, agriculture, or a related field
• 8 years of experience in S/S Asia leading environmental, biodiversity and performance risk, and impact assessments with a focus on nexus technologies
• Experience working with USAID Environmental Compliance Procedures
• Familiarity with IFC performance standards
• Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills)
• Strong oral and written communications skills to coordinate with grantees
• Ability to collaborate with others to achieve team goals
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
How to apply?
Interested consultants are invited to submit a CV with the requested USD daily rate to WE4FAsiaRIH@tetratech.com with “Vacancy title: Environmental Sustainability Advisor” entered in the email subject line. Last deadline to submit the application is 16 December, 2021.
To learn about Tetra Tech, click here!