The 22 WaterNet/WARFSA/GWP-SA Symposium will be held in Victoria Falls and virtually/online, Zimbabwe 20 – 22 October 2021 under the theme Integrated Water Resources Management for Sustainable Development in East and Southern Africa. The National and University of Science and Technology is the lead host of the 22 Symposium. The Symposia have been held annually in the Eastern and Southern African regions for the past 21 years to promote interaction among policymakers, academics, practitioners from water and related sectors, and cooperating partners. Together, they identify regional issues, gaps, and priorities that require further research and support. Great emphasis will be placed on the integration of knowledge, particularly involving scholars from the natural and social sciences. The sub-themes of the symposium have been aligned to the themes of the SADC Water Research Agenda under the Regional Strategic Action Plan on Integrated Water Resources Development and Management Phase IV, whose main objective is promoting the evidence-based implementation of SADC water programs and projects through multi- and inter-disciplinary research, and synthesis of existing and new information, which will lead to a realization of SADC developmental goals.
Authors wishing to present the results of their work should submit their abstracts targeting the topics detailed below:
- Innovative approaches, practices, and technologies for affordable water supply, and sanitation services
- Water governance for sustainable, equitable and affordable water services
- Water, Ecosystems and the Environment
- Impacts of the COVID 19 pandemic on the water sector
Authors are invited to submit their abstracts for presentation at the
symposium for oral, poster, or special session presentations.
Abstracts should be:
- A maximum of 350 words (Do not exceed the number of wordsas the system will not accept more than 350 words).
- The format for all text should be font size 12, Times New Roman
- and single-spaced.
- The title should be no more than 16 words in title case.
- Author’s names should be written in such a way that the initials
- appear first followed by the last name.
- The authors names should indicate one corresponding author*
- (with an asterisk) and the email of the corresponding author.
- The affiliations of authors should be shown through letter
- superscripts (such as a, b, c).
- Five keywords should be included in alphabetical order.
- The abstract should include a clear statement of the theoretical issue to be addressed, the research methodology to be presented, and a concise summary of the findings and conclusion.
- Work must be unpublished at time of presentation.
- Maximum of 3 submissions per author, either as single author or joint co-author are allowed.
Submission of Abstracts and Papers
All abstracts will be handled and reviewed electronically via the conference’s EasyChair submission https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=22wnsymp. Note that you will need to set up an EasyChair account (if you do not already have one) before you log in for your submission. Several roles have been set on the platform for the 21st WaterNet/WAFSA/GWP Symposium, kindly register as an author, all other roles will be done through invitation. When completing the submission form on EasyChair, you will
see a space that asks for an abstract to be typed in or pasted. Kindly copy and paste your abstract here. Further down the page, you will upload your full abstract as a pdf
attachment. You should receive confirmation of submission of your abstract from EasyChair immediately after submission by email; if you have not, please bear in mind that any emails
received might be found in your spam folder. The submission form in EasyChair also asks you:
- Your theme, your preferred presentation type/paper or a poster (note that the final decision will be taken by the programme committee)
- Whether you are under 35 years old
- Any keywords that do not appear in the topics list that may facilitate the review process
All abstracts submitted for oral/poster presentation will undergo a peer-review process and the results will be communicated to the corresponding author. By accepting an
invitation to present a paper, the author or at least one coauthor commits to attending the conference.
Important Dates and Registration Fees
Deadline for submission of abstracts 20 July 2021
Notification acceptance of abstracts 30 July 2021
Deadline for early-bird registration 15 August 2021