WWT is seeking a highly motivated intern interested in using their skills to work towards WWT’s mission of protecting freshwater resources, vulnerable fish populations, and supporting Washington’s communities. The intern must have a strong curiosity for how data can be used to communicate a story!
The remote intern will be responsible for conducting research as well as collecting and organizing data on historic fish populations, climate/ land-use change, and water resources. The intern will work with WWT’s Data Analyst to develop and maintain WWT’s databases as well as to assess and communicate trends or patterns in data to external stakeholders. The intern will also have a chance to collaborate with the Investment and Partnerships Officer and other Program Staff.
- Data collection and organization
- Database management
- Conducting research and synthesizing findings into reports
- Creating engaging data visualizations and products
- Developing social media and blog posts communicating research and findings
- Developing outreach material
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Experience conducting research related to environmental science and policy
- Experience in data collection and management
- Basic skills in statistical analysis desired
- Basic skills in Geographic Information Systems desired
- Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for protecting our beautiful rivers and a creative mindset!
While WWT is in full support of paid internships, currently we are unable to financially support this unpaid internship position. However, WWT will support the intern in accomplishing academic requirements or to apply for funding opportunities. As an intern at our small non-profit, your voice matters, and we will work with you to create the best possible experience.
Schedule and Duration:
Intern is expected to work part-time (10 to 20 hours a week) for the full fall semester of 2021, however some flexibility may be possible depending on the candidate’s situation.
The intern will work remotely and access to Wi-Fi is required.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Aiman Shahpurwala, email@example.com by July 15th, 2021.
Original announcement is posted here.