CleanChoice Energy seeks a summer Intern for its Solar Development team to play a supporting role in the advancement of the company’s solar energy projects. As an intern, you will assist members of the development team in originating projects and managing aspects of the development lifecycle. Responsibilities will include research, project tracking, real estate document preparation, creating and updating PowerPoint presentations, update project tracking and controls. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and a self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand team objectives and goals executing them effectively.
- Provide organizational support across various platforms ensuring quality control of data and files.
- Identify government stakeholders and confirm contact information and meeting availability.
- Create and update PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Screen project sites for suitability using desktop GIS tools.
- Conduct research, summarize and report on elements that impact project viability.
- Identify opportunities for community engagement where projects are being developed and present to the development team for consideration and inclusion in a project.
Qualifications and Skills
- Enrolled in an accredited program at a college or university (or recently graduated) with a focus on renewable energy, sustainability, policy, business, or finance.
- Experience through relevant internships or school projects.
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to write and proofread with extreme attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work efficiently and effectively, under limited supervision.
The position will be a hybrid role enabling the Intern to work in both remote and office settings. The Intern will have the opportunity to accompany management to meetings outside the office enhancing their internship experience. CleanChoice is maintains its New York Project Management office in downtown Corning.
The ideal candidate will be available for at least 20 hours per week and will receive $16.00 per hour.
How to Apply?
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via www.cleanchoicenergy.com/careers.
About Clean Choice Energy
CleanChoice Energy a Certified B Corporation is an industry-leading, renewable energy company empowering people and businesses to lead cleaner, healthier lives. We envision a world free of catastrophic climate change with pure, clean air for everyone. That’s why we are switching as many U.S. households as possible to 100% clean, pollution-free energy. At CleanChoice, we believe in making a difference: contributing millions of dollars to social impact and environmental organizations through our strategic partnerships; driving the conversation around clean energy in key national forums; and, together with our customers, avoiding the equivalent of 4 billion pounds of carbon pollution. CleanChoice is consistently recognized as one of the fastest-growing businesses in America as ranked on the Inc. 5000 and has been included in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™. We are proud of our strong, positive work environment and our team of bright, motivated professionals who work diligently to help secure a better future for our planet.