- This event has passed.
Virtual Event – Discussion of the 2020 Global Food Policy Report
April 28, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am
Co-Organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Netherlands, IFPRI, and Food & Business Knowledge Platform
APR 28, 2020 – 10:00 AM TO 11:15 AM EDT
IFPRI’s 2020 Global Food Policy Report was officially launched on April 07 and highlights the critical role that inclusive food systems can play, looking specifically at the obstacles and opportunities as well as the tools and technologies for building inclusive food systems.
COVID-19 is having an immense impact on our health and food systems on a global scale. The coronavirus pandemic therefore has an immediate and long-term effect on poverty, food insecurity, and malnutrition levels; especially for marginalized people in the developing world. As a consequence, the awareness and need to work towards inclusive food systems is accelerated by the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Netherlands together with IFPRI and the Food & Business Knowledge Platform (F&BKP), invite interested food and nutrition security professionals to participate on April 28 to learn about the results of the report and to discuss the report and the impact of COVID-19 on our food systems.
- Paul van de Logt, Head Food and Nutrition Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Netherlands
- John McDermott, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH)
- Johan Swinnen, Director General, IFPRI
- Rob Vos, Director, Markets, Trade and Institutions Division, IFPRI
- Meike van Ginneken, Chief Executive Officer, SNV
- Wijnand van Ijssel, Senior Advisor Food Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Netherlands
- Chris de Nie, Senior Policy Officer Agribusiness International & Food Security, Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, Government of the Netherlands
- Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Director, Communications and Public Affairs & Chief of Staff, Director General’s Office, IFPRI