- This event has passed.
COP26 Water-Energy Nexus: Fueling Synergies through the Water-Energy Nexus – Honouring Energy Day at the Water Pavilion
November 3, 2021 @ 5:00 am - 6:30 am
Water and energy are inextricably linked, both in their relationship towards one another as well as in the fight against climate change. Both resources are greatly affected by climate change, however are, in their interface, necessary to mitigate its effects and allow us to adapt to them effectively. In order to successfully harness their potential for the latter, we need an integrated and holistic approach to their management, avoiding silo strategies and focusing instead on maximizing synergies where possible. In this session, we kick-off the Water-Energy day at the Blue Pavilion with four different perspectives of this powerful nexus. The Nexus Regional Dialogues programme is excited to announce that we will be hosting two sessions at the first ever Water Pavilion at COP26! The speakers will shed light onto the different challenges and opportunities inherent to the Water-Energy intersection, present ambitious national plans from the Middle East to East Africa and explore the important role of the private sector to bring about innovation and investments.
The first session is titled “Fueling synergies through the Water-Energy Nexus – honoring Energy Day at the Water Pavilion”.
• Cate Lamb, Global Director of Water Security at Carbon Disclosure Project and UFCCC COP 26
• Eng. Bashar Bataineh, Secretary General of the Water Authority of Jordan
• Beatrice Cyiza, Director General of Environment and Climate Change of the Ministry of Environment of Rwanda
• Claudia Ringler, Deputy Division Director & Senior Research Fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute, IFPRI
• Michael Webber, University of Texas
The session will be moderated by (including welcoming and concluding remarks): Molly Walton, Energy and Transport Manager at “We Mean Business” Coalition Scene setter on Water-Energy Nexus: Fueling Synergies through the Water-Energy Nexus – Honouring Energy Day at the Water Pavilion