- This event has passed.
Mediterranean Innovation Agrifood week | CIHEAM Bari, 25-28 October 2021
October 25, 2021 - October 28, 2021
CIHEAM Bari in collaboration with MIP – Mediterranean Innovation Partnership, within the project WATERMEDYIN, funded by the Italian Cooperation, is hosting a week-long event on the theme of innovation and creation of start-ups in the Mediterranean area.
The initiative, that will take place from 25 to 28 October 2021, is gathering about 100 guests among startuppers, trainers, agricultural entrepreneurs – from Italy and from the Mediterranean region – as well as renowned international experts in the field of innovation, with the following objectives:
• contribute to the identification of strategies for the creation of an environment conducive to the sustainable development of the agri-food sector in the Mediterranean, by leveraging on young people and on the combination of innovation and competitiveness;
• support 15 successful start-ups from Lebanon, Palestine and Tunisia (selected in the framework of WATERMEDYIN project by an international panel) which will present their business idea to a diverse audience of investors, senior companies and public institutions;
• deepen strategic aspects on the strengthening of the innovation ecosystem;
The week’s program will be divided into the following sessions:
- From 25 to 27 October: Seminars on strengthening the services and ecosystem of ISOs – Innovation Support Organizations, provided in the framework of a capacity building programme started last July and addressed to the representatives of the MIP network and the ISOs of the Mediterranean region.
Link to register: https://events.iamb.it/p/event/wmwebinar2021
- October 27 (3pm-5pm): MIP-Mediterranean Innovation Partnership Annual Meeting, for the discussion and approval of the 2021-22 action plan. Establishment of the WATERMEDYIN network, an international working group dedicated to innovation and sustainability in the agri-food sector, with the participation of Business Med, Mediterranean Innovation Hub and several ISOs from Tunisia, Palestine and Lebanon.
- October 28 (10am-1pm): INVESTOR DAY & BUSINESS MATCHING – brokerage event, dedicated to 15 start-ups, selected in the framework of WATERMEDYIN project, from Tunisia, Palestine and Lebanon.
- October 28 (4 pm): International workshop “DIALOGUES ON INNOVATION IN THE MEDITERRANEAN AGRI-FOOD SYSTEM”. Purpose of the conference is to contribute to the identification of strategies for the creation of an environment conducive to the sustainable development of the agri-food sector, a pillar for the socio-economic growth of many Mediterranean countries, by leveraging on young people and on the combination of innovation and competitiveness.
Link to register: https://events.iamb.it/p/event/medagrweek