The Technical University of Braunschweig with almost 17,800 students and approx. 3,800 employees offers a teaching and research spectrum with excellent equipment and at the same time a personal atmosphere.
The Hydrology, Water Management and Water Protection Department focuses in research and teaching on the integrated consideration of the amount of water and water quality of the surface and groundwater. In particular, the interactions between hydrological systems and human intervention under the increasing influence of extremes are in focus. To improve the understanding of the system, we design and test monitoring approaches and drive the development of algorithms and coupled simulation models in an interdisciplinary team. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated young scientist to further develop the work area of water quality and ecohydrology.
- A PhD or equivalent degree in hydrology or a related field of environmental science or engineering
- In-depth knowledge of substance transport and conversion processes in the landscape and in water
- Experience in the application of process-based hydrological and eco-hydrological models
- Experience in the application of hydrodynamic water quality models
- Knowledge of the evaluation of geo and environmental data
- Experience in the planning and implementation of measurement campaigns as a basis for model applications (advantageous)
- Knowledge in the field of sampling and laboratory analysis of water samples (advantageous)
- Experience in supervising theoretical and practical courses
- Independent and reliable way of working in an interdisciplinary team
- Teamwork and social skills as well as professional and social commitment
- Good knowledge of spoken and written German and English
What do we offer?
Payment is made depending on the assignment of tasks and the fulfillment of personal requirements up to salary group 13 TV-L. The position is generally suitable for part-time work, but should be filled 100 percent.
Please send your written application to email@example.com by July 13th, 2022 with the usual documents (letter of application, curriculum vitae, certificates). Please send us your documents as a PDF file with a maximum file size of 3 MB.
You are welcome to email Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ask Kai Schröter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to receiving your application!
Handicapped applicants will be preferred if equally qualified. Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome. The TU Braunschweig strives in all areas and positions to reduce under-representation within the meaning of the NGG. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Application costs cannot be reimbursed. Personal data is stored for the purpose of carrying out the application process.
The announcement is taken from here.