Region: East Africa
Company: Starsight Premier Energy Group
We are looking for an experienced Head of Credit to join Starsight Premier Energy Services (SPES) based in Nairobi, Kenya to undertake all aspects of credit risk management including credit evaluation and monitoring, portfolio analysis, adherence to credit underwriting standards and processes, and recommending changes to policy and procedures whenever required. The role also envisages managing relationships with prospective and existing clients and networking with other counterparties in the local financial ecosystem that will help in onboarding appropriate credit opportunities to ensure a healthy asset book.
Purpose of the Role
The credit and risk department assumes the most critical function in any financial services company as it is directly responsible for the health of the organization. Accordingly, the Head of Credit must ensure an appropriate quality of the portfolio while contributing to the growth of the asset book. The deliverables include credit risk evaluation, preparation of credit and other reports, portfolio analysis and management, adherence to the guidelines laid down in the Credit Policy and other governing documents and maintaining relationship with various stakeholders for industry information and knowledge.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assessment of creditworthiness of a client, prospective or existing, by analyzing its business and financial profile.
- Preparation of spreadsheets and credit reports and making clear recommendations on the client proposal.
- Compliance with all internal processes and procedures of SPES.
- Coordination in the preparation of financing agreements and ensuring compliance with the provisions of the sanctioned facility.
- Regular monitoring of existing exposures and highlighting those that have witnessed a deterioration in credit quality.
- Reporting key parameters of the portfolio and suggesting actionables, if any.
- Maintaining relationship with existing clients through regular calls and visits.
- Networking with participants in the financial services industry such as banks, financial institutions, rating agencies, etc.
- Facilitating senior management interaction with clients and other key players in the financial eco system.
Role Head of Credit
Reports to Managing Director, Direct Reports Credit Officer
Requirements and Skills
- Proven working experience as a credit and relationship officer.
- 7+ years of experience in credit evaluation and monitoring.
- Good understanding of financial statements and strong analytical ability to evaluate credit risk.
- Strong understanding of portfolio analysis.
- Experience in writing credit reports.
- Experience in relationship management.
- Chartered Accountants or MBAs will be preferred.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
- Self-starter with ability to drive the in-country credit function.
- Ability to work within a larger group.
- Excellent people skills.
- Proven experience in credit risk management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong report writing skills
- Good communication skills.
- Good relationship skills
Interested candidates should please send a cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com
The announcement is taken from here!