The sector programme Water Policy – Innovation for Resilience (WaPo-RE) is a supraregional project and advises the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) on shaping German development cooperation in the water sector. It is working on specific topics such as adaptation to climate change, sanitation & hygiene, (transboundary) water management and the Water-Energy-Food security (WEF) Nexus. The EU co-funded “Nexus Regional Dialogues Programme” is part of the WaPo-RE programme and supports the institutionalisation of the WEF Nexus approach in national and regional governance structures, and leverages the interest and awareness for WEF Nexus projects through trainings and demonstration projects. It also operates the Nexus Resource Platform (www.water-energy-food.org), a global knowledge hub for sharing WEF Nexus resources. The programme is implemented in Latin America, in the Middle East and North Africa with the League of Arab States, and in West Africa with the Niger Basin Authority (ABN).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with the conceptual development of reports, training materials and tools for the implementation in the project regions
- Support of international communication activities (including the writing of articles for press/blogs and website content management) – in English, and possibly in Spanish and French
- Experience with social media
- Research, analysis and preparation of topics related to the Water, Energy and Food Nexus, Integrated Water Resources Management, Nature-based solutions etc.
- Support of knowledge management, institutional learning and monitoring; keeping an overview of the work produced in the three regions
- Assistance in the administrative and technical organisation of meetings, workshops and trainings (planning and conception, cooperation with partners, creation of communication materials)
- Preparation of presentation materials for conferences
- Support with day-to-day project management tasks (e. g. preparation and follow-up of internal work meetings)
- The Nexus-Team is looking for a highly proactive and well organised person, able to work independently and in a team as well as under pressure
- You should at least study in the 3. Semster in environmental science, geography, economics, politics, social sciences, communications or any other subject relevant to the topic of the internship
- You have gained knowledge and practical experience in the field of sustainable resource management and policy, possibly in one of the core topics (water, energy and agriculture)
- You have initial experience in the field of development cooperation (internships and/or volunteer work) and experience in communications is an asset
- You have very good oral and written communication skills, you are confident in writing texts and in preparing topics conceptually for different target groups (general public, political management level, etc.)
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of Spanish, French and/or German desirable
- You have a high level of personal initiative
- Your strengths include initiative, teamwork, and good time management. You have very good organizational skills and are used to working independently and results-oriented
How to apply?
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.689,- (gross).
Apply by 22.02.2022
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Tina Schmiers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stephanie Bilgram (email@example.com).