WE4F’s USAID Secretariat Unit is seeking External Surveyors to provide monitoring and evaluation support by conducting in-country field research and data collection with WE4F innovators in Egypt.
M&E External Surveyors should be current or recent graduate students with a background in agriculture, water, energy, technology innovation, environmental studies, research methods, international business, and/or international development. External Surveyors will be expected to be (at a minimum) in the field 4-6 weeks during the Summer and Fall season of 2022. Exact dates are dependent on innovator availability and in-country COVID-19 conditions.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable learning about and synthesizing data concerning innovators and innovation ecosystems, and will have experience organizing data for consumption by non-technical audiences.
We are seeking graduate students with a background in water, agriculture, technology innovation, quantitative studies, international business, and/or development economics that possess a large majority of the following skills/characteristics:
- Working or High proficiency in the local language of the countries conducting data collection: Arabic and English.
- Candidates residing in Egypt who would not need to travel outside of their current country of residence to conduct required data collection.
- Quantitative/social science research background with a strong understanding of data validity and experimental design
- Knowledge and experience using statistical software (SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) to analyze data sets
- Comfort operating in rural areas with limited access to technology, and/or improved amenities
- Interest in development and social impact and enthusiasm for engaging with data from water, energy, and agriculture innovators
- Commitment to producing excellent work while maintaining a high level of professionalism and attentiveness to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while managing and meeting deadlines
- Experience working in a highly diverse environment and a commitment to embrace cultural differences.
- A high level of respect and courtesy towards local stakeholders as well as mindfulness and a commitment to do no harm.
- Prior professional experience in Egypt.
If interested, read a blog post from the perspective of a previous external surveyor from Securing Water for Food Grand Challenge. For questions about this position, please email email@example.com with the subject “2022 M&E External Surveyors.” Applications materials sent to this address will not be considered. Please see the application process below.
How to Apply?
Please submit a cover letter, resume and at least one professional reference letter in the form linked here by January 21st. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Do you currently reside in and/or are highly proficient in the native languages of the following countries: Egypt?
- How has your previous experience prepared you to be a WEF M&E External Surveyor?
- What was your motivation to apply for this position? What are you expecting to gain out of this experience?
- When can you start and during what time period are you available to serve in this position?
- Can you meet the minimum time requirements (expected duration: 4-6 weeks) for the in-country research?
Get detail information here.