Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (Nasdaq: TTEK), is dedicated to improving the energy sector of developing economies. We are recruiting for an Investment Officer for Francophone Countries that is based in Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, or Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), to support the implementation of the USAID-administered Water Energy for Food Africa Regional Innovation Hub (WE4F-Africa-RIH) from November 2021 to July 2025. See https://we4f.org/.
This is an independent consulting engagement estimated to be 60 to 90 days per year as needed. Finalization of the consultant agreement is subject to USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested consultants are invited to submit a CV with the requested USD daily rate to WE4FAfricaRIH@tetratech.com and indicate Vacancy title: Investment Officer – Francophone Countries in the email subject line.
- Serve as country representative and coordinate WE4F’s interventions at the country level in CAR, Chad and DRC; identify the needs and lead activities in the respective countries
- Coordinate interventions related to technical assistance, investment facilitation, enabling environment, gender, and environmental sustainability for innovators in the three countries
- Connect investors, donors, and other financial players to WE4F innovators in the three countries
- Serve as a liaison between the WE4F innovators in the three countries and the Hub staff
- Support pipeline development, facilitation of needs-based technical assistance for innovators, and performance monitoring, data collection and reporting
- Support the call for innovations including conducting outreach, serving as an evaluator, and coordinating document collection from prospective grantees
- Assist with innovator onboarding, including drafting or completing pre-award checklists and other documents for USAID’s review and approval
- Identify appropriate technical assistance interventions for innovators in the three countries and deliver technical assistance both in-person and remotely to selected innovators, depending on expertise and innovator needs
- Support the development of relevant scopes of work, work plans, associated performance indicators, as well as other crucial procurement documents
- Support the development of knowledge products and preparation of communication pieces related to innovators in the three countries
- Provide updates on innovator project progress and facilitate investment for the innovators in the three countries
- Support collection and review of performance-based milestones submitted by innovators
- Identify policy and regulatory barriers in the three countries that negatively impact innovators and investments and, working closely with the Hub to advocate for policy changes
- Identify and maintain relationships with local government staff and key stakeholders such as the private sector, investors, government agencies, and donors
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in international development, management, business administration, natural resources, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years in advising small and medium enterprises in business development and operations in CAR, Chad, and/or DRC
- Experience in developing relationships between companies, donors, financial institutions, and organizations in the energy, water or agriculture sectors in CAR, Chad, and/or DRC
- Business acceleration experience and technology development directed at low-income or Base of the Pyramid customers is a plus
- Familiarity with the impact investing industry is a plus
- Understanding of enabling environment activities for a conducive private sector-driven ecosystem is a plus
- Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve team goals and communicate with WE4F awardees
- Fluency in English and French (reading, writing and presentation skills)
Application closes on 2 January 2022.
This job announcement is taken from here.