ENERTRAG South Africa is a clean energy developer and is a subsidiary of ENERTRAG AG, an independent energy company in Germany, France, Ghana, Vietnam and expanding to other areas of the globe. As an independent energy company, ENERTRAG generates electricity, hydrogen, and heat exclusively from renewable sources and supplies safe, inexpensive renewable energy to end customers from residential, commercial to heavy industry.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the evaluation and assessment of wind and solar resources and expected energy output
- The Energy Analyst will have a comprehensive understanding of wind flow principles in conjunction with PV-Syst or similar to undertake energy production assessments for wind and solar facilities
- The assessments must include wind & solar data processing and quality checking, correlation analysis, wind flow and wake modelling, review of energy losses, PV-Syst analysis, statistical analysis and reporting.
- Undertake site conditions assessments which include a review of typical as well as extreme meteorological conditions at a site.
- Optimization of layouts to achieve the highest energy yield for the project
- Producing detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development which will include feasibility studies, site meteorological measurements, shadowing effects
- Writing reports for internal review and decision making and site visits (inspecting sites and measurement equipment) may be requested as needed.
- Prepare and coordinate proposals and bids.
- Take active part in business development activities in relation to energy analysis inputs as required.
- Manage projects to ensure they are completed within timescale and budget.
- Develop templates and tools to assist in the compilation and review of Energy Yield Reports.
2. Project Management
- Manage the gathering of data/information as input to the resource evaluation/assessment of site.
- Work closely with the procurement team and ensure that measurement campaigns run smoothly and reports are updated and layouts amended accordingly.
- Ensure that PV layouts are optimized and PV-Syst reports updated regularly
3. Assist with Bid submission
- Contribute to the preparation of bid / tender packages to ensure timeous and quality submission.
- Liaise extensively with the Bid Manager & Head of Project Development to ensure bid compliance.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Atmospheric Science disciplines
- Post-graduate qualification preferred
- At least five years related experience
- Good knowledge of energy analysis software tools
- Business fluent in English, another South African official language and German would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently, whilst supporting the team to achieve business and project objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude to work
Closing date: 31 August 2021