The Alliance for Food Sovereignty in Africa is now accepting applications for the AFSA Africa Agroecology Awards 2021 to honors and recognizes great African individuals, groups, organizations, and governments who inspire, guide, and develop an African narrative on the urgent need for food systems transformation and the transition to Agroecology.
Awards are categorized into the following titles:
- Best Local Government in Agroecology
- Best Youth Agroecology Project Award
- Best Women-led Agroecology Project Award
- Best Agroecology Entrepreneurship Award
- Best Civil Society Organization for Agroecology
- Best Academic/Agricultural research institutes for agroecology
Note: In this first year, the awards are open only to individuals and organizations in Africa who are AFSA members OR members of a network or organization within the AFSA alliance.
The deadline for applications is 29 August 2021. The Award Ceremony will be on 14th October 2021.
Download the application form here.
Any inquiries regarding application to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org