Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (Nasdaq: TTEK) is dedicated to improving the energy sector of developing economies. We are recruiting for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist to be based in Bangkok, Thailand or any of the approved project locations in South and Southeast (S/SE) Asia to support the implementation of the USAID-administered Water Energy for Food Asia Regional Innovation Hub (WE4F-Asia-RIH) from through to July 2024. See https://we4f.org/.
The Mel Specialist must be local to S/SE Asia with the ability to legally work in Thailand or any of the other approved project locations: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam.
The position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Lead the implementation of the RIH’s Operational MEL plan designed to track and assess activities and interventions, and report their impacts in support of program management and learning, and coordinate any updates in collaboration with USAID and the WE4F Secretariat
- Coordinate implementation of the RIH’s digital platform for MEL data collection, storage, and analysis, including MEL policies, procedures, templates, and forms
- Support the innovators/grantees in the selection of the key performance indicators, target setting, and reporting
- Coordinate innovator data entry and MEL processes related to WE4F-wide Salesforce MEL platform, including supporting other team members with data entry
- Provide training and assistance to both RIH staff and innovators/grantees on the MEL platform, policies, procedures, templates, and forms as needed
- Ensure effective tracking, evaluation, and learning from RIH activities
- Support the RIH’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting group that reviews progress and applies learnings to interventions
- Support maintenance of the RIH Knowledge Library as a digital platform to compile, share and engage knowledge management products with stakeholders
- Ensure that the data generated from RIH activities and interventions are reliably, accurately, and timely collected
- Produce knowledge management products on MEL topics and supports learning engagements, including with USAID, WE4F Secretariat, and other Regional Innovation Hubs
- Report to Regional Innovation Hub Manager on progress made and challenges related to MEL processes
- Work with Country Coordinators to collect, verify and analyze MEL data sourced from innovators/grantees in local contexts
- Engage with USAID, WE4F Secretariat, and MEL leads of other RIHs on a continuous basis to share and incorporate learnings on MEL processes
- Engage with WE4F external surveyors to support baseline MEL data collection from innovators/ grantees
- Support the development of contractual deliverable
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in statistics, mathematics, economics, development studies, business, public administration, and/or other related social science fields
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of M&E frameworks for donor funding projects
- Experience in data collection, data management, analysis, and progress reporting
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative skills, with a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present complex data streams using MS Excel
- Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to explain complex MEL topics to the WE4F grantees
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and presentation skills) with strong oral and written presentation skills
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Experience working with USAID’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning framework
- Experienced in training and capacity-building on MEL in person and remotely
- Experience in working with companies in the energy, water, or agriculture sectors in S/SE Asia
Find original announcement here.