Concept and Themes:
The term “nexus” in Latin describes the act of tying together or something which binds. The Resource Nexus looks at the synergies and tradeoffs between the managing of different environmental resources to achieve a net positive outcome. When discussing the Resource Nexus for sustainable development, we are keen to see how such a concept would benefit different areas from agriculture to the preservation of biodiversity.
Tying in with the International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development 2021 as declared by the UN General Assembly, UNU-FLORES and the Technische Sammlungen Dresden invite professional and amateur photographers and videographers to submit their best shots in advocacy of the Resource Nexus and sustainability. Photographers and videographers of all levels are welcomed to submit photos and videos accompanied by their respective stories/descriptions (up to 400 words) that relate to the Resource.
Nexus and one or more of the following themes:
• Circular Economy
• Climate Change
That do one or both of the following:
• Showcase the impact of any of the above on the Resource Nexus or vice versa.
• Showcase positive action for sustainable development.
Winning entries will be showcased in a physical exhibition at the Technische Sammlungen Dresden and a digital gallery and will also be used in UNU-FLORES publications.
All submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
• Relevance to themes (30%)
• Originality and creativity (30%)
• Inspirational power or potential social impact (40%)
Submissions are considered complete with the fulfilment of the following:
• Entry form
• Upload (1 to 4 images/video clips per submission, JPG/MP4 format). Images must be at least 1500px wide. The duration of each video clip must be at least 10 seconds long.
• Entries are to be submitted by 23 May 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry form can be found here.
1st prize: 2,000 euros
2nd prize: 1,000 euros
3rd prize: 500 euros
The organizers reserve the right to adjust the prize money depending on the sponsorship gathered.