Job Title: Communications Officer, full time position
Type of Contract: Service contract, one year with possible renewal
Location: GWP-Med Secretariat in Athens, with international travel
Background and Scope of Position:
The Communications Officer (CO) will be engaged in the communication of the work programme of the Global Water Partnership – Mediterranean (GWP-Med) in Southeastern Europe and the Thematic areas of
- Transboundary Water Resources Management
- Water-Energy-Food-Environment Nexus
More specifically the CO will support the communication of at least two projects implemented by GWP-Med:
- GEF UNDP Full Size Project “Enabling Transboundary Cooperation and Integrated Water
Resources Management in the extended Drin River Basin”.
- “Promoting the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources in Southeastern Europe,
through the use of Nexus approach” supported by the Austrian Development Agency.
The countries of focus are primarily those of Southeastern Europe i.e. Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo (*), Montenegro, Serbia.
1. Application procedure
Applicants are requested to study the Terms of Reference provided in Annex I.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending an e-mail to the attention of Mr Alexandros Kandarakis, at email@example.com with the Subject: ‘‘Application for Communications Officer”, attaching the following documents:
• a cover letter in English introducing themselves, their related skills and motivation for the position.
• their detailed CV in English including contact details, past experience in similar posts and contact details for reference. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested information.
Only complete applications accompanied by cover letter, shall be considered for the position.
The deadline for applications is: 15 May 2020