Call for abstract proposals for the 2020 ‘GWSI Paper Series’ on Water Security and Sustainable Development Goals.
IWRA is collaborating with UNESCO International Centre for Water Security and Sustainable Management (i-WSSM) and together inviting you to submit abstract proposals for the 2020 ‘GWSI Paper Series’ on Water Security and Sustainable Development Goals. This year’s theme will focus on “The Role of Sound Groundwater Resources Management and Governance to Achieve Water Security”.
Researchers from international organisations, government agencies, research institutions, non-profit institutions, and the private sector are welcome to send their paper proposals by completing this form by Friday, May 22nd.
Selected papers will be published as part of the ‘GWSI Paper Series’ of UNESCO i-WSSM and UNESCO Headquarters. Authors of chosen papers may be invited to present their work at an international event, such as the Korea International Water Week (KIWW) or World Water Forum next year.
Successful authors will be notified by June 5th, and full first draft papers will be due by July 31st, 2020. Authors will be requested to respond to editorial review comments in September and peer review comments by December 18th, 2020. Successful authors will be requested to sign a copyright agreement with UNESCO, a sample of which is available here.
GWSI papers will need to meet the following requirements:
- Topics: Papers should address a topic within the Water Security theme
- Content: Papers should include the content identified in section 2 of this document.
- Case Study: Papers are strongly encouraged to include details of one or more practical and successful case studies.
- Environmental and socioeconomic settings: Papers may be tailored to specific environmental and socioeconomic settings or they may be broadly applicable; in any case, linkages to policy issues and/or key policy decisions should be included.
- Languages: Proposals and papers must be submitted in English.
- Format: The final paper should be at least 20-pages and not exceed 30 pages of double-spaced text, including all images and references.
Learn more about the GWSI Paper Series background and objectives, this call, its content, the submission process, and other specifics by clicking here.
© 2017 International Water Resources Association