- This event has passed.
UN Food Systems Summit
September 23, 2021
The UN Food Systems Summit has confirmed that the Summit will take place on Thursday, September 23, 2021. The event will be held during the UN General Assembly in New York and will take the form of a virtual event.
The Summit will follow the three-day Pre-Summit gathering in Rome last week (July 26-28), during which Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General, outlined the expectations for the Summit, which include:
- A statement of action from the UN Secretary-General
- A compendium of the Summit’s two-year preparations
- National dialogues and pathways for food systems to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030
- Coalitions cutting across the five Action Tracks and incorporating the four Levers of Change around key areas
- A follow-up and review process supported by the UN and its agencies
Details for media accreditation will be announced in due course.
Notes to editors
For more information, contact FSScommunications@un.org
About the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit
The UN Food Systems Summit was announced by the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, on World Food Day last October as a part of the Decade of Action for delivery on the SDGs by 2030. The aim of the Summit is to deliver progress on all 17 of the SDGs through a food systems approach, leveraging the interconnectedness of food systems to global challenges such as hunger, climate change, poverty, and inequality. More information about the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit and a list of Advisory Committee and Scientific Group members can be found online: https://www.un.org/foodsystemssummit
Click here to register for the summit.
The event announcement is originally posted here.