- This event has passed.
FAO Science and Innovation Forum
October 17, 2022 - October 21, 2022
The FAO Science and Innovation Forum 2022 will take place from 17-21 October, virtually and provide different stakeholders, in particular from low and middle-income countries (LMICs), the space and opportunity to take stock of the science and evidence base and gaps, engage in dialogues and share experiences around science-based actions and innovative solutions. Roundtables, panel discussions, and various interactive formats will be utilized. The Science and Innovation Forum will be preceded by independently organized side-events, with partners and Members showcasing their innovations and insights.
FAO Science and Innovation Forum 2022 will focus on highlighting the centrality of STI for agrifood systems transformation. The event will encourage a diversity of perspectives based on science, thereby facilitating rationalization and inclusiveness of debate. More specifically, the objectives are to:
- Share robust science and evidence-based options for more efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems.
- Assist countries in making informed decisions regarding the co-creation, adaptation and adoption of appropriate and context-specific technologies and innovations.
- Explore scientific and technological advances and associated risks and opportunities.
- Promote effective science communication, including by engaging on contentious issues.
- Analyze options for strengthening science and evidence-based decision-making.
Expression of interest for Side Events by 31 July 2022
The expression of interest regarding a side event needs to be submitted through the appropriate form by 31 July 2022.
Side-Event expression of interest form
- 31 July 2022: Deadline for submission
- 1 August- 31 August 2022: Screening
- on or before 31 August 2022: The Secretariat will notify the lead organizations the feedback and status of selection of the side event
Please send the filled out form to Science-Innovation@fao.org
The announcement is taken from here.