- This event has passed.
Cooperation across borders and sectors: Regional experiences of WEF Nexus institutionalization and governance
October 19, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
The second session of the 2nd Round of Webinar on Water-Energy-Food Nexus SOLUTIONS focuses on NEXUS governance. This session will give insights into the successful mainstreaming of the water, energy and food security Nexus approach into governance structures. It will present different approaches for WEF Nexus transboundary cooperation and governance from three different regions: Southern Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Niger Basin.
Key questions that will be addressed are:
– What are the necessary steps to establish and endorse a Nexus governance framework/ structure?
– How can the benefits of the WEF Nexus approach initiate or intensify transboundary cooperation?
– What are the lessons learnt?
Registration is required.
- Welcome by FAO and Mariana Rodriguez, GIZ, Moderation: Tina Schmiers, GIZ
- Introduction by Didier Zinsou, Director of the Niger Basin Observatory, NBA
- Presentation: SADC WEF Nexus Governance Framework by Kidanemariam Jembere, GWP-SA/African Coordination Unit
- Presentation: Methodological Guidelines on WEF Nexus transboundary governance in Latin America and the Caribbean by Silvia Saravia, Economic Affairs Officer, ECLAC; Lisbeth Naranjo, Consultant, ECLAC
- Panel discussion by Claudia Ringler, IFPRI; Kidanemariam Jembere, GWP-SA; Silvia Saravia, ECLAC; Didier Zinsou, Director of the Niger Basin Authority (NBA)
- Closing by Tina Schmiers, GIZ
To get information on the remaining webinar sessions, click here!
This webinar series is supported by the regional project, “Implementing the 2030 Agenda for Water Efficiency/Productivity and Water Sustainability in NENA countries” (WEPS-NENA) under the FAO-led Regional Water Scarcity Initiative (WSI).
For more information about the Water-Energy-Food Nexus 2nd Round Webinar series organizations, please link to WEF Nexus in Africa
Initiative (wefnexus.org), WE4F (https://we4f.org), GIZ Nexus Dialogues(https://www.water-energy-food.org/resources/fact-sheetnexus-regional-dialogues-programme-phase-ii), and SEI (https://www.sei.org).