- This event has passed.
Call for Applications // NEX-LABS Summer School To Grow Innovations In The Water Energy Food NEXUS
May 22, 2022
NEX-LABS Summer School:
Calling innovators and researchers from Lebanon and the Mediterranean to apply to Berytech’s regional Entrepreneurship Summer School in the Water Food Energy NEXUS Sector under the NEX-LABS project and develop novel startups.
Berytech is organizing a 5-day intensive summer school allowing entrepreneurs and startups to turn their innovations in the Water Food Energy (WEF) NEXUS sector into potential startups and explore commercialization opportunities.
The summer school will provide new business perspectives to NEXUS innovators, create potential collaboration across borders in the Mediterranean and help the entrepreneurs develop their entrepreneurial mindset and relevant skills to successfully launch and grow their business.
The summer school will feature 13 to 15 teams from 7 countries: Spain, Italy, Egypt, Tunisia, Jordan, Cyprus and Lebanon. Teams will be selected to attend the summer school and develop their innovation management, commercialization strategy of NEXUS technologies, business model, IPR and investment pitch deck.
The Entrepreneurship Summer School will take place towards end of June, beginning July 2022.
It will be planned over 5 days with fully covered accommodation in an adapted working setting. Travel expenses to Lebanon will be covered by Berytech.
Who Can Apply?
- Entrepreneurs, researchers, industrialists, innovators and start-ups working on early-stage projects, innovative solutions and approaches and/or working on technology development looking for commercializing their idea to address the needs and opportunities in WEF-NEXUS sector
- University students and alumni from targeted faculties working on business or research projects in the WEF-NEXUS sector in the Mediterranean region
- Participants should reside in Spain, Tunisia, Jordan, Lebanon, Italy, Egypt and Cyprus.
- Participants should have an idea, innovation solution or applied research project addressing WEF-NEXUS opportunities.
- Participants should be motivated to learn and apply skills learned in future NEX-LABS activities and contribute in shaping the landscape of WEF-NEXUS in the MPCs.
- Project should address an important economic, environmental or social need in the WEF-NEXUS context (such as resource efficiency, gender empowerment, resource allocation, community inclusion, yield increase);
- Project idea should demonstrate economic viability and combine innovation, sustainability and potential for scalability in the WEF- NEXUS
- Project should have at least a proof of concept / prototype (a realization of a certain method or idea in order to demonstrate that the concept or theory has practical potential).
Read what will you learn from the summer school here.